I started my third brew tonight. The Coopers Brewmaster Wheat Beer. I think a wheat beer should be a good kit to try as i have yet to actually taste a bad wheat beer, or at least one i do not like as its possible i have liked bad wheat beers.
Anyway so the only difference to the instructions were instead of 300g of dextrose, i used glucose as i have loads of the stuff. I used 500g of light spraymalt also. I also used a different yeast to the kit. I used Brewferm wheat beer yeast.
Just to be safe i also added 5 tsp of fermax yeast nutrient.
Im hoping that no bacteria got in and everything will work out nicely. No matter how safe you are, there is always a possibility of not getting the wort cooled quick enough before adding the yeast.
In my previous attempts i used water from the bath using the sprayer. This time i filled up using the pot i heated the water up in (from the mains in the kitchen) and poured it in. This took a few goes but it should oxygenate the wort nicely and be better quality water than from the tank in the attic.
My OG was about 1.040 but i could not get an exact reading due to foam. Im not so concerned about gravity readings at the moment.