I am available to host events and for media consultation about Ireland's beer sector, particularly from the perspective of the consumer.
EventsI have been hosting talks, tastings and hosting events around the country since 2009. Some of the talks I have given were as follows.
- Chocolate and Beer event during the Temple Bar Chocolate Festival 2009. I was commissioned by the Temple Bar Cultural Trust at the time.
- In 2012, I gave a talk on the History of Beer and how it Shaped Society alongside a beer tasting to the Freemasons in Dublin at the beautiful Freemasons’ Hall on Molesworth Street, Dublin.
- In 2014, I gave a talk to 300 publicans on how to deal with craft beer entitled Taking a Punt on Craft Beer. I was commissioned by Irish Pubs Global and it took place during the Alltech Beer and Distilling Convention.
- In 2015, Irish Pubs Global commissioned me to host a panel of craft brewers for their members.
- In both 2015 and 2016 I hosted the Killarney Beer Awards at the Killarney Beer Festival.
Apart from numerous quotes in newspapers and magazines on the craft beer scene in Ireland and aboard over the years , I have appeared on the following radio stations occasionally to talk about beer.
- 2009 - Newstalk - Sean Moncrieff Show
- 2015 - Radio Kerry
- 2016 - Today FM - The Last Word with Matt Cooper (I got the last word!)
Feel free to get in contact with me for any queries.