Well here we are with the finished product. Well sort of finished because I only have the taps on the door now. Once I get my gas bottle filled with CO2 I will put in my kegs and attach the lines etc.
It was a simple enough job to complete even with cheap tools. I have left enough space in the middle to add a third tap in the future but I am not sure I can drink 3 kegs of beer so it will probably stay as is.
Here is the view from the inside. This is where I started. I marked the middle and then measured in a few inches on either side for the two taps. The middle being where a third may go in the future. First I drilled two small holes to guide my way through. I then used my hole saw drill bit to go in. This side is all plastic and foam so it goes in like a hot knife through butter.
The only problem came when I was trying to get my hole saw through the metal outer shell of the door. Either my drill is not powerful enough or my hole saw is simply not good enough to get through metal. What I ended up doing then was drilling a load of small holes in a circle (the hole saw at least drilled a circle to follow in the paint) and when the hole saw still could not get through the weakened metal I grabbed a pliers and pulled out the circles and this proved very easy.
The hole saw size I picked was the smallest one in my tool kit and it proved wider than the washers and nuts (only just) which meant it was perfect. I put the nut and washers on and twisted the tap itself which brought the washer tight. I used two knives to keep the washer from turning with the tap once it had gone inside the hole.
If this ever proves to be an issue I can always carve out around the hole but it should be fine.
This fridge has reversible doors so there are no wires or electrics in the door. It also has the advantage of the ability to maybe make the job easier by taking off the door. I was too lazy to do that as it would have meant moving the fridge from where it is.
In the end, a job well done. I can't wait to give it a go.